Ford Fry Restaurants is currently seeking a full time experienced team member for our Accounting Department. The position will require extensive experience with payroll processing for multiple entities, as well as accounting experience in bank reconciliations, invoice/AP processing, expense report processing, financial reporting. Mature excel experience needed. Experience with the following software is preferred: Compeat, Concur, UltiPro/Ultimate, MircoSoft Office. Restaurant accounting and/or management experience is a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate and adhere to the Ford Fry Restaurants style, practices, culture, terminology, organizational structure, and general philosophy.
- Ensure all Human Resource policies and practices are applied consistently while adhering to all Federal, State and Local laws.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the Ford Fry Restaurants Performance Chronicling system and ensure it is applied an objective and fair manner.
- Update, verify and maintain accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records.
- Find and use accounting data to resolve accounting and payroll problems and discrepancies.
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings.
- Promote good public relations and handle complaints or concerns of guests.
- Review and process the restaurants’ and corporate office’s Hourly Payroll Weekly; correct as necessary after review with GM to ensure accurate payroll.
- Process Salaried Payroll Weekly; correct as necessary to ensure accurate payroll.
- Review all PTO to ensure that it is processed correctly, and follows Company policy.
- Review & Process all EAFs for accuracy regarding terminations, raises, promotions, and LOA. Ensure they are in line with Company Policy and bring any issues to the Accounting & HR Directors attention.
- Review and calculate Banquet Event Coordinator and Wine Captain Commissions for accuracy.
- Process Corporate Quarterly Bonuses and process in payroll.
- Calculate and Review Restaurant Manager’s bonuses for processing.
- Ensure all employee deductions (insurance, uniforms, parking, etc.) are processed correctly.
- Assist managers/employees with any paycheck discrepancies, and resolve issues as needed.
- Process voids and stop payments of payroll checks for lost/stolen employee checks as needed.
- Review Health Insurance billing for accuracy, checking for terminated employees and calculating the distribution of bills among the locations. Work with insurance account reps and HR Benefits Manager to resolve discrepancies. Generate invoices, distribute and collect insurance payments from employees on LOA.
- Maintain and Update Paylocity set up for proper Job Titles, PTO set up, and other functionalities, and monitor updates in their system to ensure our processing is working properly . Work with the payroll company to resolve any issues.
- Assist Accounting Director in creating reporting for company, as needed.
- Prepare Budget & Reforecast Templates for locations; review, analyze and assist GM’s in planning their budgets and reforecasts, focusing on the payroll portion of the budget (bonuses, insurance costs, management salaries, payroll taxes, etc.).
- Prepare & Review Variance Reports for your assigned locations.
- Conduct periodic payroll audits of the restaurants to review time card changes, pay rate discrepancies between the payroll system and Micros, inaccurate employee numbers, job codes; employees clocking in under the wrong job code
- Audit the Pre Process Employee Not Paid report weekly to ensure that salaried people who should have been terminated are not getting paid and that hourly people without hours are truly still active employees, who just did not work or use PTO that pay period. Review any issues with GM, Accounting Director & HR.
- Conduct periodic inventory auditing of food & beverage inventory; address any issues
- Ensure that petty cash is periodically audited for accuracy, and proper use, based on Company Policy; address any issues
- Assist in monthly bank reconciliations, as assigned by the Accounting Director, auditing for uncashed checks, any potential fraud and missing deposits.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of Fintech is done prior to bank reconciliation.
ACCOUNTING & OTHER:
- Assist managers as needed in any payroll and accounting relating issues.
- Review sales & labor spreadsheets to ensure accuracy.
- Work with HR Department to ensure pay rates, pay & benefit policies are kept within company guidelines.
- Oversee, train and coach employees of the Accounting Department in payroll and EAF processing.
- Ensure that your assigned restaurant managers are properly entering invoices, vendors, and Journal Entries in the accounting system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that all AP processing, statement reviews, invoice verifications and check runs are done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with vendors to process credit applications for new accounts, establish terms of payment, negotiate discounts, and support overall vendor relationships. Maintain updated credit application information for vendor’s application request.
- Maintain vendor files (FW9 forms) for 1099 creation, and creation of new vendors in accounting system; ensure that accounting team follows the proper set up of new vendors, and that they and the restaurants collect W9’s from vendors.
Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Accounting Director.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
- 3 to 5 years experience in payroll processing.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures.
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate the Ford Fry Restaurants’ expectations of Presentation, Body Language & Verbiage.
- Legal ability to work in the US.
- High school graduate.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Proficiency in complex mathematical computations and reasoning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Accounting software proficiency.
- Ability to work a flexible workweek including weekends and holidays.
- Considered a top-performer in the Ford Fry Restaurants’ Performance Chronicling system.
- Associate degree in accounting.
- Compeat Experience.
- Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
- CPR certification.
Complete the following FFR Training Modules:
- Train the Trainer
- Finance 1
- Finance 2
- HR 1
- HR 2
- Management 1
NOTE: Probationary qualifications must be successfully completed in order to conclude the introductory period of employment.
- Excellent people skills.
- Ability to communicate in English with vendors, industry contacts, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical computations.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Mature ability to manipulate data and formulas in Excel.
- Mature budget and forecasting skills.
- Ability to create and audit tight food and beverage inventory procedures.
- Experience with a variety of Accounting systems.
- Ability to set-up enterprise-level budgets, accounting, ‘flash’, reports and performance analyses.
- Ability to work productively with multiple properties/outlets.
- Ability to handle obstacles in a positive and professional manner and to effectively communicate these problems, along with suggested solutions to the CFO.
- Maintain professional appearance behavior, integrity, openness, and accessibility to employees and guests.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the financial responsibilities to our investors.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Ability to focus attention to details.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding and difficult situations.
- Be able to accurately record and present expense accounts for reimbursement.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays, when business requires.
- Ability to provide clear and pleasant telephone communication to all callers.
- Ability to enforce Rocket Farm’s standards, policies and procedures with all outlet management and staff.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to work cohesively with multiple outlets as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure of monitoring and coordinating multiple accounting functions.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of all guests and pertinent Ford Fry Restaurants information.
Part of Ford Fry Restaurants
Ford Fry Restaurants (FFR) is a team of Atlanta-based chefs and restaurants helmed by Restaurateur Ford Fry. In January 2007, Fry put down roots in Atlanta with the opening of his first restaurant, JCT. Kitchen & Bar. In less than a decade, the company opened 10 more restaurants in Atlanta and one in Fry’s hometown of Houston. The food and environments Fry’s team creates continue to garner FFR significant accolades, including multiple James Beard nominations, FOOD & WINE magazine features, anEsquire magazine award for Best Restaurant in America, and inclusion on similar “best of” lists in Bon Appetit, Southern Living, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and more. Fry’s portfolio of restaurants includes JCT. Kitchen & Bar, no. 246, The Optimist, King + Duke, St. Cecilia, The El Felix, Superica, Marcel, State of Grace (FFR’s Houston property) and BeetleCat.