World-famous Brennan’s, one of Eater National's "38 Essential Restaurants", invented the acclaimed and decadent Breakfast at Brennan's, iconic Bananas Foster and is universally praised for a skillful mix of tradition and modernity. We have an immediate opportunity for an Executive Chef with a playful, enlightened, mature style and reverence for seasonal, sustainable, local ingredients who can step into the clogs of our 5x-nominated, James Beard Foundation Award finalist chef and lead Brennan’s culinary effort into the next decade.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in well-rated, industry-leading kitchens
- Background in fine dining plus experience in a volume kitchen
- Thorough business management skills
- Passion for training and development of others
- Attention to details of food quality, preparation, and presentation
- Influential, team-oriented leadership style
- Flexible and adaptive to rapidly changing priorities and work demands
- Strong communication skills
- Culinary Arts degree preferred
- At Brennan's you'll preside over three state-of-the-art kitchens while leading a team of 40 BOH professionals while innovating menus that meander between preservation (breakfast/lunch) and progress (dinner), infusing classics with modern interpretations.
- You'll lead the kitchen as a business built on trust, tradition and common sense, with a commitment to growth for your team and the betterment of the culinary experience for the benefit of our guests. Best practices re: P&L management, safety, and sanitation also are critical metrics of success.
- We’ll invest in you with ongoing culinary education and resources; by proactively sharing our collective stories with opinion makers and influencers; and by underwriting in-and-out of house opportunities from which to showcase your talent.
- We’ll work together to ensure work-life balance tips equitably both ways, and that compensation aligns with your experience and the nuanced complexity of the job.
You'll earn a premium salary and performance bonuses, as well enjoy generous paid vacation, health insurance, 401-K match, paid parking, life, dental, vision and other supplemental insurances, and a free gym membership.
- View menus: https://www.brennansneworleans.com/menus/
- View awards: https://www.brennansneworleans.com/awards/
All inquiries remain confidential.
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Food / Beverage Pairing
Part of Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group
The original Brennan's, opened in 1946, recently emerged from an extensive renovation that spared no effort or expense by new co-owners Terry White and Ralph Brennan. Eight glamorous dining rooms, each steeped in New Orleans architecture and ambiance, celebrate the opulence of dining in a city where breakfast revelry is taken as seriously as a decadent dinner.
Brennan's menus are rooted in Creole traditions and are bolstered with contemporary New Orleans influences. Marrying classic and modern techniques yields a decidedly innovative approach and enhances our local, seasonal offerings.
Brennan's old-world elegance, fanciful decor and pampering service create a unique and sophisticated backdrop for a most memorable meal. Welcome!