We are currently conducting interviews for Sous Chefs who are interested in working with a large, collaborative, cohesive culinary unit executing amazing food made with high-quality ingredients and integrity.
STARR Restaurants offers a competitive base + bonus package, relocation assistance, full benefits, 401k, STARR Restaurants dining discount and 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience in busy, well-rated kitchens
- Prior experience training and mentoring a large hourly line cook team
- Prior experience opening a new restaurant a plus
- Passion for training and development of others
- Attention to details of food quality, preparation and presentation
- Flexible and adaptive to rapidly changing priorities and work demands
- Strong written and computer skills; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Degree in culinary arts from an accredited University preferred
Competitive Base + Bonus, Full Benefits, 401k, STARR Dining Discount, Paid Vacation
Other jobs you might be interested in
Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual, Casual Dining, Cafe
Part of STARR Restaurants
The beloved New York City restaurant Pastis reopened its doors at a new home in the Meatpacking District at 52 Gansevoort Street (steps away from the old Pastis). The revival of this important restaurant was driven by two James Beard Award-winning restaurateurs, Keith McNally and Stephen Starr, who return to a neighborhood they helped cultivate. McNally is the chief designer of the space while Starr and team focus on culinary and operations. Pastis features elements similar to the original such as the restaurant’s classic curved zinc bar outfitted with signature subway tiles, vintage mirrors with handwritten daily specials, and a mosaic-tiled floor. Guests can find the classic bistro fare Pastis was known for, with a menu that offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Talent Acquisition Manager