Inspired by our commitment to excellence, Shipmates at our Company* create unforgettable memories for our guests. The successful Cook is technically competent in food preparation and production, contributes to general galley operations including receiving and storing provisions, is hospitable and cordial to coworkers and guests, and acts safely and responsibly.
- Inspect food preparation and service areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
- Provide exceptional hospitality to coworkers and guests as prescribed in Our Service System (OSS)
- Prepare high-quality food following prescribed recipes and production specifications
- Receive and organize hot line food orders; portion, arrange, and garnish food for service
- Receive and store food and supplies using proper food-handling techniques including stock rotation and monitoring temperatures of perishable products
- Assist in routine cleaning of galley including daily cleaning of equipment and implements, sanitizing food preparation surfaces, and mopping floors
Additional Duties- Cook II
- Greet guests as they enter premise
- Describe dishes to guest
- Deliver food to expediting station
- Maintain buffet areas in accordance with food runner training manual
- Monitor and maintain buffet food and supplies throughout service
- Stock hot boxes on the deck with ample food for service according to par levels
- Complete Buffet Maintenance Checklist and present to manager for review
- Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards
- Other duties as assigned by the manager or supervisor on duty
The successful Cook will enable professional and prompt food service, be favorably viewed by supervisors and peers, and be swift and efficient in the execution of assigned duties. Performance will be measured by management evaluation, and peer feedback. High performers will be selected to learn new skills; compensation will reflect an employee’s overall contribution to the operation.
Job Specifications / qualifications:
- At least one (1) year previous kitchen experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential
- Will be closely supervised; must be able to take direction
- Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to coworkers and guests
- Must possess a service orientation – actively looking for ways to help others
- Will work for extended periods without sitting
- The nature of the work may be strenuous and the work environment may be warm
- Required to lift and move heavy items such as cases of provisions and large containers of prepared foods
- Will be required to be available for work on all major holidays
- Must meet minimum state age requirements
- Per maritime law, must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
Food Handlers Certificate
Food Safety Knowledge
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cruise Line, Entertainment Venue, Event, Event Catering, Special Events Company
Part of Entertainment Cruises
Entertainment Cruises is the nation’s largest dining and sightseeing cruise company with a fleet of 36 ships in cities that include: Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, National Harbor, MD, Norfolk, VA, Philadelphia, New York, Washington, D.C. and Weehawken, NJ.
From the fresh and fun Spirit to the modern and sleek Odyssey and Bateaux, to our Elite Private Yachts and exciting Seadog speedboat rides, Entertainment Cruises offers a wide range of guest experiences. Once onboard, each guest will see the city from a whole new perspective—from the water.
Entertainment Cruises operates more than ten thousand cruises and serves more than 1.9 million guests each year. We are inspired by our commitment to excellence and dedicated to creating unforgettable memories. That’s why every shipmate is focused on delivering exceptional experiences to our guests through Our Service System.
Our maiden voyage was aboard the Spirit of Norfolk in 1978, and cruised along the historic Elizabeth River.
Kenneth Svendsen was named CEO of Entertainment Cruises in January, 2016. Kenneth brings a rich career in hospitality and a relentless focus on the guest experience, further enriching Our Service System to deliver on our commitment to creating unforgettable memories for our guests. For more on our history, please check out our timeline.
Entertainment Cruises is a member of Pritzker Group which owns and operates market leading companies in the manufactured products, services and healthcare sectors. The firm’s history as an entrepreneurial family-owned enterprise and its permanent, proprietary capital base allow Entertainment Cruises the flexibility to invest in serving its customers' needs over the long term. For more information, visit www.pritzkergroup.com.