West Town Bakery is seeking a seasoned, full-time, AM line cook to join our team.
Additionally, West Town Bakery & Diner will be opening up a second full-service breakfast and lunch location in the Loop in early 2019. This job opportunity has tremendous room to grow.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary mise en place for service.
- Answer, report, and follow instructions from Executive Chef, Sous Chef, and managers.
- Prepare food for service.
- Cook menu items in compliance with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Keep a positive and professional approach with coworkers.
- Make sure food comes out simultaneously with great quality and in a timely manner.
- Comply with nutrition and allergy regulations and standards.
- Help with preparation.
- Must pass/take a Food Handlers Certificate within two weeks of hire date.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning, etc.
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate, and key in data.
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood, and shellfish.
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- At least 18 years old.
- Have a minimum of 2 years line cook experience
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to properly handle a knife confidently.
- Ability to work in high-volume environments.
- Ability to work early-morning hours or late-evening hours.
- Ability to work a consistent schedule of at least 5 days per week.
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, and how to use kitchen equipment.
About the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 15 locations with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, employee discounts, paid paternal leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees.
We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Company discount card, 401k, medical and dental insurance, and more!
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bakery / Patisserie, Casual Dining
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
West Town Bakery blends Chicago's urban street art and music while focusing on the techniques and flavors of the pastry scene. From our managers and chefs to our bakers and baristas, each member is instrumental in the creation of our breads, pastries, coffees and cakes, based on the principal belief that everyone should be able to have their cake and eat it too.