Vin48 is seeking a Sous Chef
Vin48 is the creation of Wine Director Greg Eynon, Chef Charles Hays, and General Manager Collin Baugh — all long-time Vail Valley locals. Their years of dedication and passion for creating an exceptional destination dining experience have made Vin48 a local culinary icon since 2007.
Vin48 runs a scratch kitchen with a seasonally changing menu complemented by an award wining wine program. We work with local CO ranches/farms for our greens/herbs as well as most of our proteins. Our seafood is sourced from sea2table and Honolulu Fish Co.
We are a small, close knit team with a passion for hospitality and elevating the dining experience in the Vail Valley.
The Sous Chef is responsible/expected to:
- Collaborate with Chef/owner Charles Hays to organize and improve on the efficiencies of the kitchen
- Collaborate in creating and execution of nightly specials (usually 3-6 nightly)
- Assist with seasonal menu design (4-6 changes yearly) and implementation with the kitchen team.
- Maintain order, efficiency and discipline with the kitchen staff
- Focus on and execute consistency of menu plating/presentation
- Maintain and organize the required cleaning and organization of the kitchen area
- Be skilled and able to work all stations and train new employees on every station
- Handle the stress and physical demands associate with a high volume, fast paced, open kitchen.
- 4-5 years of cooking experience in a high level kitchen
- 2 years sous chef experience in a high level kitchen
- uncompromising work ethic
- positive and professional attitude
- attention to detail
- ability to inspire and create
- work in a clean and organized fashion
Why work for us:
- Paid Epic Pass
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- The opportunity to work in a fun, fast paced, creative kitchen environment with a dedicated and hardworking ownership team.
- Subsidized housing
Epic Pass, Health Insurance, Housing
Advanced Knife Handling
Food Cost Optimization