Join the most exciting new Wolfgang Puck restaurant, CUT, opening in Georgetown, Washington DC inside the Rosewood Hotel. We are seeking experienced Line Cooks to join the team!
Job Summary:The Line Cook will be responsible for preparing, cooking and garnishing various foods efficiently within the established “Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group” standards in every aspect.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain food storage and handling procedures
- Maintain food quality and nutritional standards
- Perform technical culinary food production, portion control, and service standards
- Follow production schedule
- Food preparation of meats/poultry/game/fish, vegetables, and fruits, to include:
- Washing, peeling, cutting and seeding vegetables and fruits
- Weighing and measuring ingredients
- Methods of combination: stirring, mixing, whipping, breading, etc.
- Cooking: steaming, sautéing, frying, baking, roasting, braising, boiling, poaching, broiling
- Maintain cooking temperature, product cooling and labeling
- Lifting and moving equipment to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station, equipment at all times
- Distribute supplies utensils, and portable equipment
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at work station to ensure a smooth service period
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish setup for all dishes
- Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, state, federal, and company guidelines and procedures
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 2 years previous line cook experience in a restaurant kitchen; scratch kitchen preferred
- Must have solid knowledge of food product and be able to skillfully apply culinary techniques
- Must be able to learn and maintain a solid knowledge of the menu with attention to detail in plating
- Must be able to perform in a high volume kitchen environment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Conversational English vocabulary
- Ability to read and comprehend recipes, simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to use down time to prep for next shift
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Strong team-minded approach to fellow-workers.
- Primary food quality work ethic
- Proficient knife skills
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Other jobs you might be interested in
CUT by Wolfgang Puck will offer sophisticated and modern design, refined service and the absolute finest selections of beef. The breakfast, lunch and dinner menus will reflect the unique spirit and sensibility of the Washington metropolitan area, with both the menu and design drawing inspiration from the surrounding Georgetown neighborhood.
CUT will feature two stunning bars: one guests will find upon entering the hotel lobby while the other sits atop the hotel on a magnificent deck overlooking the city. Both will serve custom artisan cocktails, wine, beer and an extensive food menu. An intimate 14-seat private dining space also will be available for special events, meetings and celebrations.
At Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining we invent the future of food. We transform the expected into something entirely new. We search for individuals who are passionate about food and the art of hospitality. Our company objective is to provide an exceptional dining experience that treats the palate and creates a memorable experience for our guests.
Members of the Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining team live to bring originality to the art of cuisine, authenticity to the art of entertaining and love to share their passion with others.
Our Worldwide Restaurants provide opportunity and growth for those individuals who are looking to Live, Love and Eat!
Join the Wolfgang Puck family!