Blue Hill in New York City is seeking a career minded Captain / Lead Server with an appetite for knowledge & a high level of awareness to join us in creating a team based, confident, gracious & personable experience for both our teams and our guests.
- If you would like to become an active member of our community and strengthen your understanding of local food — how it is grown, by whom, and how it got to the plate
- You expect the very best of yourself, those around you and your place of work
- Working alongside visionary farm-to-table chef Dan Barber, you will provide outstanding hospitality and an experience which is second to none
- Significant service experience in an upscale dining establishment preferred
- Ability to direct a small team
- Ability to improvise and make impromptu decisions in accordance with the steps of service and the restaurant’s standards
- Open availability
- Able to effectively communicate in English
Classic Food / Wine Service
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Food / Beverage Pairing
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Blue Hill Farm
The original Blue Hill restaurant, opened in 2000, is located in Greenwich Village, New York City. Hidden three steps below street level, the restaurant occupies a landmark speakeasy just off of Washington Square Park.
Blue Hill's menu showcases local food and a wine list with producers who respect artisanal techniques. Ingredients come from nearby farms, including Blue Hill Farm in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, and Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture, a forty-five minute drive from New York City. Guests can choose from the four-course "Tasting Menu" or opt for the "Farmer's Feast," a six-course tasting inspired by the week's harvest.