BAVEL is currently seeking qualified candidates for a BUTCHER position to join our team. We are searching for skilled, energetic, highly-motivated people who will thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
JOB SUMMARY:The Butcher cuts, trims, bones, ties, grinds meats, and cleans poultry using cutlery and powered equipment to portion and prepare meat in cooking form. They will also perform routine kitchen tasks efficiently within established standards in every aspect.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality.
• Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, pork, lamb, and poultry, to prepare meat in cooking form including the safe operations of tools
• Cure, smoke, tenderize and preserve meat.
• Helping to verify and unload meat and fish deliveries from trucks
• Maintaining, filling and rotating product in meat cases
• Moving meat from coolers to cutting area and returning meat to coolers
• Maintaining high standards for product guidelines in sanitation, freshness, trim and cutting
• Cleaning equipment and tools
• Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Minimum 1 year previous butcher experience in food & beverage industry
• Excellent understanding of various meat cutting methods
• Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
• Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
• Must be able to deal with quality control, production control, meat and fish storing
• Must be able to perform in a fast-paced kitchen environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Conversational English vocabulary
• Good eye-hand coordination
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide these operations using units of weight measurement and volume.
• Strong team-minded approach to fellow-workers.
• Primary food quality work ethic
• Proficient knife skills
- Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds, and stand for long periods of time.
Please reply with your resume to [email protected] and include an introduction telling us more about you. We look forward to welcoming you as part of our team.
Health Benefits For Full Time Employees After 60 Days
Part of Sprout LA
Bavel, in Downtown Los Angeles’ Arts District, is a Middle Eastern restaurant from Chefs Ori Menashe and Genevieve Gergis. With family roots in Israel, Morocco, Turkey, and Egypt, Ori and Genevieve have always wanted to open a restaurant that showcases the cuisines of their family lineages, bringing together the flavors and dishes they grew up with.