A Sous Chef supports the Head Baker and Culinary Team by organizing, directing, and executing activities of the bakery. They follow the excellent quality, recipes and product development of the L'ATELIER brand.
- Set up and close out each work stations based on parameters established by the Executive Chef.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards of the restaurant.
- Use working knowledge of basic baking techniques; scaling, mixing, proofing, baking, decorating, finishing, etc.
- Assist in the production of a dynamic bread program for the restaurants and bakery including seasonal specials.
- Responsible for mixing, shaping, baking dough; cleaning machinery; preparing ingredients; and packaging final product.
- Assist in training and mentoring your team members to assist each other in achieving professional goals.
- Prepare products according to recipe guidelines and production orders
- Minimum 3-5 years’ Bread Baking experience .
- High School Diploma, or equivalent level of education, required (Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure)
- Culinary Certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
- Must possess basic computer skills (Word, Email, Excel)
- ServSafe Certification required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule. (including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays)
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Options & Lifestyle Wellness Package
Part of INVEST HOSPITALITY
A new and growing restaurant group based out of NYC, INVEST Hospitality seeks new leaders with fresh ideas.
In the Spring of 2019, we look forward to two new restaurant concepts brought to you by the team that brought NYC L’ATELIER de Joel Robuchon, which was recently awarded 2 Michelin stars, and one of the most anticipated openings of the Fall of 2018, Benno by Jonathan Benno.
L’ATELIER de Joël Robuchon Miami is the latest incarnation of legendary Chef Joël Robuchon’s groundbreaking concept, which first opened in Paris’ Saint-Germain neighborhood in 2003, followed by Tokyo the same year. Currently with 13 distinct locations around the world, each restaurant feels of-its-place, staying true to the original Parisian roots, while drawing inspiration from the surrounding city and neighborhood.
L’ATELIER’s name refers to a craftsman’s workshop, emphasizing Chef Joël Robuchon’s hallmark of elevating the simplest of dishes into something extraordinary using pristine ingredients, immaculate technique, and abundant creativity. The restaurant’s signature counter seating faces directly into the open kitchen, allowing for a dynamic interaction between chef and diner, and view into the creative process.