We're looking for a pasta maker with a love of Italian food. Fresh handmade pasta will be the spotlight of Tortello, and we are looking for the star of the show. You will be trained by a real Italian sfoglina from Puglia to be an expert in this artisan craft that is becoming more and more rare. Learn a skill that can only be found in a handful of restaurants in the United States.
Backed by a strong team and Italian ownership, you’ll be responsible for our fresh and handmade pasta program. You’ll be armed with the highest quality ingredients. Ideal candidates will have some pasta or pastry experience, be comfortable working in front of customers and interacting while also driving productivity.
If you’re passionate about food, good with people, hungry to learn, and excited to be part of the shaping of this new Wicker Park concept, then we’d love to work with you.
- Prepare pasta dough from scratch
- Follow proper techniques for different pasta shapes
- Maintain a clean and sanitary food production area according to Department of Health standards
- Engage with guests interested in learning about pasta making
- Learn from professional sfoglino/a and be able to train others
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Basic math and measuring skills
- Strong work ethic, communication and time management skills
- Availability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours and lift up to 55 lbs.
- 2+ years of pasta, bread, or pastry experience
- Fresh pasta experience is a plus
- Italian language proficiency is a plus
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Casual Dining, Cafe, Retail Deli