- Assists Pastry Chef in implementing and enforcing standards and cleaning responsibilities of pastry station and team.
- Performs line checks to ensure efficiency, success, and quality control.
- Assists with ordering, ensuring orders are completed and submitted on time.
- Maintains inventory of product in the pastry department, practicing proper rotation and timely utilization and preservation of product, eliminating any spoiled product on a daily basis, and ensuring minimum waste.
- Promotes a positive team spirit.
- Maintains good communication with Executive Pastry Chef of any issues, concerns, or ideas.
- Time Flexibility: Helps with duties of other employees (i.e. pastry line cooks, cooks, and dishwashers, etc.) when necessary because of an unexpected absence or extra volume. Must be able to work all shifts (early morning, midday, late night)
- Has a strong understanding of company background and the philosophy.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Maintains a positive work environment and relationship throughout the establishment.
- High school diploma, GED certificate, or demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read manuals, prepare food costing, and prepare computer reports as required
- Previous restaurant experience required.
- Ability and willingness to work mornings, evenings and weekends as required without a set schedule every week.
Pastry Menu Development
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Frasca Food and Wine Group
Frasca is the creation of Master Sommelier Bobby Stuckey and Chef Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson. Their shared passion for Friuli-Venezia Giulian cuisine and fine wine is reflected in the exquisitely prepared fare and a comprehensive wine list boasting over 200 varieties. The seasoned and professional staff ensures a memorable evening with their meticulous attention to detail, expert wine pairing, and extensive knowledge of the menu. And the pastoral, elegant dining room evokes the gracious and friendly feeling of traditional Italian Frascas. Warm, welcoming, and unpretentious, Frasca is the perfect destination for impromptu gatherings, casual dinners, and special occasions.
Follow the career paths of Executive Chef, Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson, and Master Sommelier, Bobby Stuckey: