Link Restaurant Group was founded in January 2009 by James Beard Award winning executive Chef Donald Link with the goal to support the continuous growth of his family of restaurants in New Orleans. Chef Link, his partners and staff are passionate about southern food. Working with local purveyors and farmers, the Link team is committed to utilizing quality, local ingredients and traditional cooking techniques. We are enthusiastic about wine and focus on simple, attentive service. An honest and solid foundation of all members of the Link Restaurant Group.
Are you the consummate host or hostess? Be aware of one of the most important positions as the first person to greet our guests and one of the last contacts. We are looking for warm, engaging and professional people to join our team.
• Greet all guests entering the restaurant (by name if possible) and thank all guests leaving the restaurant
• Maintain cleanliness and organization at the host stand and front door area
• Answers phone, takes reservations
• Performs any mailing, posting, filing or other projects given by the Manager on duty as time permits
• Maintain an organized floor by quickly and efficiently seating guests according to company standards
• Clearly and politely communicate with guests when delays and/or waits occur
• Ensures that all menus (including dessert menus) wine lists are clean, in good shape and presentable to the guest
• Presents menus and gives a quality assurance: “Enjoy your dinner!”
• Provides reservation counts and informs Manager on duty of special requests, expected XXP’s, large parties, private events, etc.
• Engage management for any guest issue or complaint
• Informs server and Manager of special requests, celebration of birthdays, anniversaries, known allergies, etc., as soon as a party is seated
• Directs guests at a comfortable pace for them to their table
• Checks the bathrooms regularly for cleanliness, restocks paper goods and empties trash cans when needed.
• Adhere to grooming and dress code standards
Skills and Requirements
• Minimum 1 year of host and/or restaurant experience in a high-volume environment
• Ability to work in an organized and professional manner
• Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
• Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must possess exceptional work ethic, strong sense of hospitality, and a collaborative attitude
• Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
• The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Link Restaurant Group reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of LRG or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Link Restaurant Group
nspired by the cooking of South America, Spain, and the Gulf Coast, Chefs Donald Link, Stephen Stryjewski and Ryan Prewitt designed Pêche Seafood Grill. Focused on working with local fishermen and farmers who harvest sustainably, Pêche serves simply prepared contemporary dishes, rustic creations cooked on an open hearth, as well as fresh oysters and Gulf fish.
In 2014, Chef Ryan Prewitt was honored with a James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef: South. That same year Pêche won a James Beard award for Best New Restaurant in America. Pêche was also named one of the Top 10 Best Restaurants in New Orleans both in 2015 and 2016 by Brett Anderson, Times Picayune.