• Must have 2 years + experience in a fast paced NYC restaurant as a Busser or Food Runner
• Must be able to lift & a carry at least 50 pounds
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Must be comfortable with repetitive motions (such as walking, bending & standing)
• Must be knowledgeable of Industry critics & awards
• Must have full schedule availability
• Must be able to take constructive criticisms and work well in a team dynamic
• Be warm, knowledgeable and noticeably appreciative
• Accommodate guests by making each individual feel welcome
• Act professional and accommodating and always maintain composure
• Identify and report problems to management immediately
• Be aware of service flow, dining timing, and adjust for each guest’s individual needs
• Implement and follow steps of service
• Oversee activities of your team in the station
• Know about and defend our product brands
• Know and be able to identify table and seat numbers
• Know and be able to create the napkin fold
• Know how to organize and carry a tray properly for food service
• Maintain station cleanliness
• Understand the proper standards of clearing a table
• Be willing and able to perform the sequence of service
• Be knowledgeable of the menu: the dish as it is listed on the menu & allergies
• Know how the bread is made and be able to deliver it
Medical, dental & vision insurances are available after 60 days of employment.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Upscale Casual, Fine Dining
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of J2K
In the heart of Manhattan’s Financial District is a beautiful art-deco building at 70 Pine Street. James Kent, from the Nomad and Eleven Madison Park, and partner Jeff Katz, of Del Posto, have teamed up to bring a beautiful 7,000 square foot restaurant to the ground floor of this stunning, landmarked building. Boasting 120 seats, two private dining rooms, and a 16 seat bar, the restaurant will have a state-of-the-art open kitchen that includes a Heston Suite as well as a commissary kitchen to support scheduled expansion to two other concepts in the building opening in 2019. The team includes more than 10 veterans of the industry, all of whom have worked directly with James or Jeff over the past 15 years.
Our menu approach isn’t based around a geographical region or a particular style of cooking, but rather the endless creative pursuit of delicious flavors, beautiful composition, and generosity. We will always strive for gracious, warm, and appreciative service, where attention to detail and anticipating guest's needs are priority number one. At the same time, we’re also here to enjoy ourselves and our work, and hopefully you are too. To us that means we'll likely be rocking Nike kicks while servicing food and throw-back hip-hop bumps in the background.
At the end of the day, we are committed to creating and cultivating restaurants where E V E R Y O N E is eager to return.
General Manager + Partner