A Sous Chef supports the Chef de Cuisine, Executive Chef and the entire team by organizing, directing, and executing activities in all aspects of the kitchen and back of house. Thru execution and training of culinary team members, they maintain the excellent quality, service standards and customer of the INVEST Hospitality Brand.
This role is responsible for managing and assisting in preparing mis-en-place for all stations, expediting service, as well as staff scheduling, product ordering and inventory, and labor/cost control.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ culinary experience working in fine dining restaurant or establishment of similar caliber.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent level of education, required (Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure)
- Culinary Certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
- Must possess basic computer skills (Word, Email, Excel)
- ServSafe Certification required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule. (including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of INVEST HOSPITALITY
A new and growing restaurant group based out of NYC, INVEST Hospitality seeks new leaders with fresh ideas.
In the Spring of 2019, we look forward to two new restaurant concepts brought to you by the team that brought NYC L’ATELIER de Joel Robuchon, which was recently awarded 2 Michelin stars, and one of the most anticipated openings of the Fall of 2018, Benno by Jonathan Benno.
L’ATELIER de Joël Robuchon Miami is the latest incarnation of legendary Chef Joël Robuchon’s groundbreaking concept, which first opened in Paris’ Saint-Germain neighborhood in 2003, followed by Tokyo the same year. Currently with 13 distinct locations around the world, each restaurant feels of-its-place, staying true to the original Parisian roots, while drawing inspiration from the surrounding city and neighborhood.
L’ATELIER’s name refers to a craftsman’s workshop, emphasizing Chef Joël Robuchon’s hallmark of elevating the simplest of dishes into something extraordinary using pristine ingredients, immaculate technique, and abundant creativity. The restaurant’s signature counter seating faces directly into the open kitchen, allowing for a dynamic interaction between chef and diner, and view into the creative process.