The wine list will be an eclectic mix of wines from every major winegrowing region of the world. We will strive to showcase true diversity in our wine offerings with an innate understanding of the historic regional significance and a forward-thinking view towards up and coming potential. An open mind and passion for great wine of varying provenance will allow us to build a legendary wine program that truly speaks to the potential of an international wine list.
As a Sommelier, specific certifications are not required, but a strong fundamental knowledge of the wine regions of the world – both Old and New World – along with producer familiarity and vintage knowledge is mandatory. The most essential component to be a successful Sommelier will be the earnest desire to propel the wine program forward through clear communication and organization, a curiosity to learn more, and a willingness to share our expertise with guests and staff in a helpful, thoughtful way.
• Must be able to lift & carry at least 50 pounds
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Must be comfortable with repetitive motions (such as walking, bending & standing)
• Must be knowledgeable of Industry critics & awards
• Must have full schedule availability
• Must be able to take constructive criticisms and work well in a team dynamic
• Be warm, knowledgeable and noticeably appreciative
• Accommodate guests by making each individual feel welcome
• Provide friendly, knowledgeable, attentive wine service for our guests
• Act professionally and always maintain composure
• Identify and report problems to management immediately
• Be aware of service flow, dining timing, and be able to adjust for each guest’s individual needs
• Implement and follow steps of service
• Oversee activities of your team in the station
• Maintain a clean, well-organized wine cellar in accordance with Wine Director’s guidance of binning and cellar maintenance
• Keep staff abreast of beverage changes on the wine list, specifically regarding staff education about wines poured by the glass
• Assist with monthly inventory
• Know about and defend our product brands
• Know and be able to identify table and seat numbers
• Be willing and able to perform the sequence of service
• Be knowledgeable of the menu: food shpeals, ingredients, sources, allergies & preparation
• Be knowledgeable of the beverage program:
Cocktail list- drinks, specs, flavor profiles
WBTG facts- producer, varietal, region, vintage, flavor profiles, history
Beers/ Liquors/ Liqueurs
• Know the proper standard for opening bottles of wine and serving them
The Restaurants at 70 Pine offer Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans after 60 days of employment.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Upscale Casual, Fine Dining
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of J2K
In the heart of Manhattan’s Financial District is a beautiful art-deco building at 70 Pine Street. James Kent, from the Nomad and Eleven Madison Park, and partner Jeff Katz, of Del Posto, have teamed up to bring a beautiful 7,000 square foot restaurant to the ground floor of this stunning, landmarked building. Boasting 120 seats, two private dining rooms, and a 16 seat bar, the restaurant will have a state-of-the-art open kitchen that includes a Heston Suite as well as a commissary kitchen to support scheduled expansion to two other concepts in the building opening in 2019. The team includes more than 10 veterans of the industry, all of whom have worked directly with James or Jeff over the past 15 years.
Our menu approach isn’t based around a geographical region or a particular style of cooking, but rather the endless creative pursuit of delicious flavors, beautiful composition, and generosity. We will always strive for gracious, warm, and appreciative service, where attention to detail and anticipating guest's needs are priority number one. At the same time, we’re also here to enjoy ourselves and our work, and hopefully you are too. To us that means we'll likely be rocking Nike kicks while servicing food and throw-back hip-hop bumps in the background.
At the end of the day, we are committed to creating and cultivating restaurants where E V E R Y O N E is eager to return.
General Manager + Partner