You should have a thorough understanding of classic cooking techniques as well as how to use all the equipment required to produce your mise en place. You should be able to communicate with and work effectively within a brigade style team. Most importantly, you should have a warm positive and appreciative demeanor.
• Hard Working
• Strong commitment to excellence: Always do the right thing, especially when no one is looking
• Positive outlook and demeanor; negativity and malice will not be tolerated
• A desire to learn and grow in an exciting & quickly changing environment
• Sense of urgency
• Able to demonstrate classic cooking techniques
• Able to prepare ingredients and setup station mise en place for service
• Able to cook in a brigade style line (firing and communicating across different stations during service)
• Able to keep your station clean and organized before, during and after service
• A working understanding of sanitation codes and regulations
• More than 1 year cooking experience in a fine-dining kitchen is a plus, but not required
• Stay Humble
The Restaurants at 70 Pine offer Medical, Dental & Vision insurance plans after 60 days of employment.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Upscale Casual, Fine Dining
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of J2K
In the heart of Manhattan’s Financial District is a beautiful art-deco building at 70 Pine Street. James Kent, from the Nomad and Eleven Madison Park, and partner Jeff Katz, of Del Posto, have teamed up to bring a beautiful 7,000 square foot restaurant to the ground floor of this stunning, landmarked building. Boasting 120 seats, two private dining rooms, and a 16 seat bar, the restaurant will have a state-of-the-art open kitchen that includes a Heston Suite as well as a commissary kitchen to support scheduled expansion to two other concepts in the building opening in 2019. The team includes more than 10 veterans of the industry, all of whom have worked directly with James or Jeff over the past 15 years.
Our menu approach isn’t based around a geographical region or a particular style of cooking, but rather the endless creative pursuit of delicious flavors, beautiful composition, and generosity. We will always strive for gracious, warm, and appreciative service, where attention to detail and anticipating guest's needs are priority number one. At the same time, we’re also here to enjoy ourselves and our work, and hopefully you are too. To us that means we'll likely be rocking Nike kicks while servicing food and throw-back hip-hop bumps in the background.
At the end of the day, we are committed to creating and cultivating restaurants where E V E R Y O N E is eager to return.
General Manager + Partner