STARR Restaurants is presently seeking a Sous Chef at The Dandelion, our sophisticated homage to the British pub serving updated seasonal takes on U.K. cuisine.
Here is your opportunity to join a highly talented culinary team and learn from the best! We seek candidates who are energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about food and hospitality.
We are offering a very competitive base + bonus compensation package, full benefits plan, 401k, 40% dining discount at all of our restaurants, 2 weeks of paid vacation days and an opportunity to join the 2017 multi-James Beard Award winning restaurant group....STARR Restaurants!
Qualified candidates will be:
- Humble in their approach to learning and professional self-development
- Passionate about using high quality ingredients
- Energetic and enthusiastic and possess strong communication and organizational skills
- 2-5 years of Sous Chef experience in a reputable, high-volume restaurant
- Prior experience training and mentoring an hourly line cook team
- Excellent meat/fish butchery skills and know all properties of making stocks & sauces
- A great work ethic and commitment to uncompromising quality
- A passion for high quality ingredients and dynamic cooking technique
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead-by-example
- A minimum of an associate’s degree from a culinary focused university preferred
We offer a very competitive base + bonus compensation package, full benefits plan, 2 weeks of paid vacation and a dining discount at many of our 38 high-end east coast restaurants!
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Cost Optimization