BARTENDER POSITION AT WHITE DOG CAFE
What makes White Dog Café special and a great place to work?!
Cuz’ we give a damn!
We are part of Fearless Restaurant Group; a multi-concept group of 8 independent restaurants based in Philadelphia, PA and Long Beach Island, NJ. As a company, we are defined by our talent, teamwork, resources, opportunity and a workplace built on loyalty and respect. We're a creative, ambitious business with an aggressive growth strategy and require like-minded leaders to join us as we move forward.
White Dog Café opened its first location in 1983 under the helm of pioneer and social activist Judy Wicks. For 35 years it has been supporting our local farmers, cheese mongers, fisherman, brewers, artisans and bakers. In 2009, Marty Grims bought White Dog Cafe to continue the legacy, adding culinary inspiration and service commitment. Since 2009, we have opened an additional 2 concepts in Wayne, PA and Haverford, PA. We are committed to enriching our local communities and economies!
A White Dog Café Bartender will be an expert at welcoming our guests into our home with warmth, enthusiasm, and grace in this fast-paced, multi-faceted, neighborhood cafe. This candidate will have a desire to continue to learn and grow within our organization.
The ideal bartender candidate is positive, a big personality, responsible, hands-on and a team player that has strong communication skills and can handle multiple tasks in a friendly manner with grace and composure.
- Be happy and constantly smiling!
- Welcome our guests with a friendly demeanor into our home
- Demonstrate competency in all steps of service
- Have a desire to build knowledge of classic cookery, wine, beer, and cocktails
- Maintain accurate knowledge on all menu items and beverage program
- Derive pleasure from providing genuine hospitality
- Demonstrate proper professional decorum
- Have a professional knowledge base of classic and creative cocktails
• Can interpret guest’s desires and bring them to life in liquid form
• Menu and beverage knowledge is kept current as menus evolve
- Average $100 lunch shift, $200 dinner shift
- Medical/dental insurance for full-time employees
- Short-term disability insurance available after 30-days service
• Employee Dining Benefit Program at all 8 Fearless Restaurant locations
• Opportunities for career growth with White Dog Café and other Fearless Restaurants
- Field Trips to our local purveyors!!!!
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Fearless Restaurants
White Dog Cafe has brought its unusual blend of award-winning contemporary American cuisine, civic engagement & environmental sustainability to the Main Line.