Summer Head Chef and Line cook for Wellesley Hotel in beautiful 1000 Isl. NY
The Wellesley Hotel is looking for individuals interested in an experience of running their own kitchen. We are looking for a head chef and line cook.
This 116 year old restaurant is the hub for 350 homes in the historical summer community of Thousand Island Park, NY. Visit the website to learn more about the incredible beauty and tourism in the area. http://www.tiparkcorp.com/
The Wellesley Hotel is an premium casual restaurant which operates from Memorial Day to Labor Day and a little beyond depending on weather and booked weddings. Known for beautiful patio dining in a park like setting and a quaint Inn dining room The Wellesley is appreciated by guest all over the region. Getting to the island by boat (to the nearby docks) or by car is an easy 18 min trip from Clayton or Alexandria Bay.
Our team is comprised of individuals educated at Cornell Hotel School and Culinary Institute of American who look forward to bringing a new level of service to the Wellesley Hotel restaurant.
The head chef and line cook will have the opportunity to participate in a unique collaborative experience along side a group of professional, enthusiastic, highly creative individuals.
Rewards & Benefits:
· Be a part of the 2019 Opening Team
· Housing (provided for key team members)
· Meals (frequent family meals and other meal at a discount)
· Summer in the 1000 Islands (many opportunities to tour and enjoy the 1000 islands) and time to do it with a decent working schedule.
What You Will Do:
· As a member of the Wellesley Hospitality Group, you will be responsible for preparing a full range of a la carte menu and catering offerings for guests/customers/clients.
· You will assist with the set-up of the production line and be responsible for cleaning the food production line after each period of service.
· You will prepare food on the line and work closely with the head chef and executive chef and other teams of the back-of-house to complete other culinary tasks.
· You will work closely with staff in front-of-house, staff in back-of-house, and dish machine operators to make sure operations run smoothly.
· You will be responsible for following state and restaurants health and safety standards, including: temperatures, and safe handling procedures.
· You will have the opportunity to perform leadership duties, such as: help in the hiring process, assist with training new team members, creating menu items and daily specials, ordering, inventory, calculating food cost, attend meetings, assist in other areas of the restaurant as needed, work off-site locations for catering events, plan and execute catering events, etc...
What We Are Looking For In A Culinary Team Member:
· We are seeking candidates who have the right combination of passion, education and experience in high-volume restaurant operations. Candidates must be able to operate and maintain various types of equipment in the restaurant.
· Candidate must be able to work on their feet for long periods of time and be able to lift over 50 pounds unassisted.
· Our culinary team member should be a highly motivated, able to adapt/improvise/overcome in any situation.
· Our culinary team member must be able to follow our high culinary standards, recipes and portion control, and must possess an up-to-date serve-safe certification.
· The candidate must be flexible with work schedule that will include evenings, weekends and holidays as the restaurant varies in business volume.
Food Safety Knowledge
Casual Dining, Upscale Casual, Bar / Lounge, Bakery / Patisserie