Apply for an exciting opportunity to work in a brand new, beautiful kitchen designed by James Beard award winners and helmed by an expert management team with experience at Chez Panisse, Plated, and Tartine. Line cook works directly with head chef for training, quality control, inventory, and food sanitation. Advancement opportunities include management. Line cook responsibilities include:
- Executing made to order dishes during meal services and assisting in recipe development and menu planning
- Rotisserie cookery, meat and fish butchery
- Overseeing high-volume production of prepared vegetables and grains
- Assisting Head Chef with ordering and production planning
- Management of prep and garde manger cooks
- Commitment to quality service and food expertly prepared and quickly excecuted
- Ensure all food on the line meets food safety and quality standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers as a leader in the kitchen
- 2 years proven cooking experience, including experience as a line, restaurant, or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, butchery, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with food safety guidelines
- Ability to work well in busy venue and fast-paced environment
- Culinary school diploma preferred
Here are a few of the perks:
- Opening team with opportunities for advancement and career development.
- Neighborhood discounts
- Free staff meal
- 25% off Three Owls Market food
- Health care enrollment
To Apply: send resume and brief cover letter to: [email protected] , subject Line Cook
Three Owls Market provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
We offer health benefits
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Food Cost Optimization
Food Handlers Certificate
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Markets, Retail Deli, Upscale Casual, Cafe, Casual Dining
Three Owls Market is reviving the beloved neighborhood prepared foods shop, bringing together inspiration from the markets of Italy and France with the specialty food stores of New York. Located in the West Village, we're open all day serving Mediterranean-inspired prepared foods with premium and locally sourced ingredients, natural wines, craft beers, coffee, and sandwiches made to order with house roasted meats.
The market at Three Owls sells craft beers to go, imported specialties, and locally made pantry staples. Our customers can shop our market and deli counters for takeaway, or sit and dine in our 24-seat cafe and bar area.
Led by a talented, seasoned, and energized management team, Three Owls promises a culture that will inspire and motivate its staff, while embedding them in our neighborhood gem.