RUNNER POSITION AT WHITE DOG CAFE
What makes White Dog Café special and a great place to work?!
Cuz’ we give a damn!
We are part of Fearless Restaurant Group; a multi-concept group of 8 independent restaurants based in Philadelphia, PA and Long Beach Island, NJ. As a company, we are defined by our talent, teamwork, resources, opportunity and a workplace built on loyalty and respect. We're a creative, ambitious business with an aggressive growth strategy and require like-minded leaders to join us as we move forward.
White Dog Café opened its first location in 1983 under the helm of pioneer and social activist Judy Wicks. For 35 years it has been supporting our local farmers, cheese mongers, fisherman, brewers, artisans and bakers. In 2009, Marty Grims bought White Dog Cafe to continue the legacy, adding culinary inspiration and service commitment. Since 2009, we have opened an additional 2 concepts in Wayne, PA and Haverford, PA. We are committed to enriching our local communities and economies!
The ideal runner candidate is positive, quick, responsible, hands-on, and a team player that has strong communication skills and can handle multiple tasks in a friendly manner with grace and composure.
• Be happy and constantly smiling!
• Welcome our guests with a friendly demeanor into our home
• Demonstrate competency in steps of service
• Maintain accurate knowledge on all menu items
• Derive pleasure from providing genuine hospitality
• Demonstrate proper professional decorum
• Comfortable expediting the line
• Salary on average $75-125/shift
• Medical/dental insurance for full-time employees
• Short-term disability insurance available after 30-days service • Employee Dining Benefit Program at all 8 Fearless Restaurant locations • Opportunities for career growth with White Dog Café and other Fearless Restaurants
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Fearless Restaurants
White Dog Cafe, an iconic restaurant in University City for over 30 years, is a leader in using environmentally sustainable, organic and local foods from farms within 50 miles. Known for warm hospitality, inspiring and award winning food, the White Dog's historic three brownstones were recently completely renovated offering charming and whimsical dog décor and artwork in its many unique dining spaces and outdoor patio.
The seasonal menu changes often, with innovative dishes highlighting local ingredients such as the Homemade Rigatoni with Spicy Lamb Bolognese and Basil Ricotta, Lancaster County Chicken and Verlasso Salmon as well as Market Salads and delicious shared Small Plates. Complimented with an all American wine list, local craft beers and seasonal specialty cocktails and refreshing mocktails. White Dog Cafe is open for Lunch, Brunch on Saturday and Sunday and nightly dinner.