Assistant General Manager for Dominique Ansel Bakery
One full-time position for Assistant General Manager is available!
You will be working with a top-tier team, but in a fun and casual environment in Soho! This position is perfect for someone who wants to pursue a long-term career in the F&B industry. However, please note that we work in a demanding environment and have a serious first-class approach to customer service.
Be ready to manage a staff of 10 - 15 front of house members in all aspects of customer service and operations. You will be training new staff members on their daily functions, ensuring cleanliness and regular maintenance of the shop.
Plan to create staff work schedules, as well as manage inventory for packaging and store equipment and materials. This position will require you to source packaging for new holiday items, daily cash count after every shift, and facilitate opening and closing of the store. You will be organizing with finalizing large pre orders for larger corporations.
Creating production pars based on estimates, on a weekly basis. Continually quality control products and communicate to kitchen and back of house. Assist with promotional event planning, respond to customer emails (daily), and handle guest complaints. You will be asked to test employees to maintain a continual retraining process.
• A sincere passion for pastries and culinary arts
• 4+ Years Food/Hospitality Industry
• 2+ Years Managerial Experience of a team of 5 or more
• Barista experience preferred
• Familiarity with POS systems
• NYC Food Certificate preferred (Will need to be attained shortly after hire if not already certified)
• Experience with ordering and inventory management
• Understanding of sales goals, production pars, and quality control
• Extensive experience with training new hires and continual training to better staff
• Meticulous cash handling
• Courteous with staff and co-workers
• Excellence in customer service (in person and by email)
• Detailed knowledge of Department of Health regulation and attention
As Assistant general Manager, you will need manage 2 shift leaders and 10 barista.
Bonus, Health and dental benefits, paid vacation
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bakery / Patisserie
Part of Dominique Ansel
2017 Worlds best pastry chef Dominique Ansel open his first bakery in New York’s Soho district, Dominique Ansel Bakery is within walking distance from top fashion stores as well as Vesuvio Playground for families. Within four months of opening, the bakery was voted Time Out New York’s “Best Bakery 2012” and Metromix New York’s “Best New Bakery 2012”. In 2013, we received the top ranking for a bakery by Zagat.
Our 2,500 square-foot shop has both table and counter seating for 50. Please remember to visit our garden in the back, which is opened all year round thanks to our glass-enclosed greenhouse.
Our greenhouse and garden are available for private bookings.