Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
Front of House Manager sought for prestigious Los Angeles restaurant.
We are looking for a dedicated restaurant professional who wants to be a part of one of the best restaurants in the country. We are seeking a focused and energetic individual who will bring their personality and enthusiasm to an established fine dining destination. This is a full time salaried management position, typically 50-55 hours a week.
Candidates must have a strong upscale/fine dining background, ideally at Michelin-starred restaurants or equivalent. Management experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right person with a solid service background.
- Working as floor manager during dinner service
- Overseeing all front of house staff
- Scheduling and staffing appropriately based on business volume
- Opening and closing procedures
- Daily financial reporting to ownership
- Implementing and maintaining service standards
- Regular staff training and testing
- Daily operational duties including updating menus, POS changes, maintaining reservations and floor plans, etc
- Stocking and ordering FOH supplies as needed
- 2 years fine dining serving or management experience
- Knowledge of formal serving etiquette and technique
- Strong wine knowledge, formal wine education or certification a plus (WSET, Court of Master Sommeliers, etc). A genuine interest in wine and spirits is a must.
- Strong food knowledge, familiarity with global cuisine, and a genuine interest in food and dining.
- Familiarity with the dining industry in Los Angeles a plus
- Polished and eloquent in person and on the phone
- Patient and even-tempered with guests and co-workers alike
- Able to multi-task and work independently while overseeing a staff of 20-30
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office. Familiarity with OpenTable, Aloha, and InDesign is a plus.
We will be interviewing extensively, as it is extremely important for us to find the right individual for this position. We offer paid vacation, health insurance, a competitive salary based on experience, and the opportunity to be a part of one of the greatest restaurants in America.
Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Classic Food / Wine Service
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Food Safety Knowledge
Staff education / motivation
Reservation System Management
Staff Education / Motivation