Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains cleanliness and mis en place of station throughout service.
- Responsible for proper preparation of food items on assigned station(s) by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Follows instructions and lists set by AM Prep/Production Manager or Executive Chef.
- Works as a team with other Prep Cooks, Line Cooks, Dishwashers and FOH & BOH Management teams.
- Ensures Schulson Collective steps of service are met at all times.
- Creates memorable experience to build repeat business.
- Performs other kitchen duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally push and/or pull up to 75 pounds. The employee will spend over 4 hours daily standing or walking.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma preferred.
- Minimum one (1) to two (2) prior experience in high volume, fine-casual or fine-dining environments.
- Must have excellent knife skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to efficiently work as a team and assist co-workers when needed.
- Passion for high-quality ingredients.
Health insurance, paid time off
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Schulson Collective
Less than a year after conception, February 15, 2007, Osteria opened its doors to the public, and, still in its infancy continues to stay true to the dream that three owners had standing on Ca’ Marcanda vineyards in Tuscany. A traditional Italian Osteria, where you can choose from our homemade pastas, thin crust pizzas, or wood grilled meats and fish.
As much as Vetri is small and intimate, with a rustic farmhouse feel, Osteria is classically designed to have a warm, evocative feel in an industrial setting. With wine-red-stained concrete floors, antique Berkel slicers, a gleaming vintage Faema coffee machine, solid antique pine country tables, a wall of beautifully stained wine boxes and view of a “vecchia chiesa” so spectacular that it rivals any this side of the Atlantic. Additionally, the menu changes seasonally, to go with our 100 bottle Italian wine list featuring grapes from Trentino to Sicily and all stops in between.