With the New Year, comes an exciting opportunity..
Chef Ignacio Mattos’s name is synonymous with outstanding food, hospitality, excellent service and the delivery of a unique, modern, innovative product in New York and through out the world, with his restaurants estela, Cafe Altro Paradiso and Flora Bar.
An exciting opportunity awaits a committed, career minded individual who is looking to further advance their knowledge, skill set and career. Situated on the Upper East Side, Flora Bar has a line cook position available for someone with real drive and passion for this industry that we love.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive and above award rates
- Flexibility in the schedule – days and evening shifts available
- A beautiful state of the art, spacious and clean kitchen with modern equipment and tools
- Opportunities for growth and development – don’t become stagnant
- Constantly changing, developing and evolving menus
- Opportunities for input – if you know a better way, let’s hear it
- Work with some of the best seafood, meats, vegetables, and produce in New York and the world.
- Access to training sessions and classes – do you know how cheese is made? An oyster is grown? Miso is fermented? Would you like to?
- Passion for service, prep, savory or sweet? We have opportunities to learn and develop your skills in all areas
At Flora Bar, we pride ourselves on what we do, things change quickly, we have a beautiful space to work with and we push ourselves, and each other, to be better every day.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and put yourself out of your comfort zone, please send your application with a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Health and commuter benefits available.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Matter House
From the chef/owner of the critically-acclaimed restaurant Estela in Nolita and Café Altro Paradiso in SoHo, comes Flora Bar and Flora Coffee. Opening at The Met Breuer in Fall 2016, Flora Bar takes inspiration from lively, approachable restaurants in New York and Europe and is open beyond museum hours. The menu emphasizes seafood and vegetables and strives to be tasty and playful. You can stop in for a full dinner, a small bite or a drink at the long bar.
The Flora Bar team aim to create an atmosphere of accessibility and fun similar to what they’ve cultivated downtown. The partnership with the museum came about from The Met’s desire to bring the Estela team’s light and ethereal tone—and perhaps foremost its sensitivity to the setting and location of a space—to the iconic Breuer building.