Link Restaurant Group was founded in January 2009 by James Beard Award winning executive Chef Donald Link with the goal to support the continuous growth of his family of restaurants in New Orleans. Chef Link, his partners and staff are passionate about southern food. Working with local purveyors and farmers, the Link team is committed to utilizing quality, local ingredients and traditional cooking techniques. We are enthusiastic about wine and focus on simple, attentive service. An honest and solid foundation of all members of the Link Restaurant Group.
We offer competitive wages, career progression and professional development, health insurance and a 401k with a company match.
Peche line cooks will be required to execute menu items and recipes as set forth by the Chef Owner. You are responsible for operating the mechanics of your station in accordance with the standards and expectations of Link Restaurant Group. You will also be held accountable for BOH cleanliness and organization.
- Be able to set up and work line stations at required level
- Complete daily station mis en place in a timely, efficient fashion
- Consistently execute menu items while following current restaurant recipes
- Be able to work in a professional manner with fellow BOH employees
- Operate, clean, and maintain all kitchen equipment
- Maintain a clean and organized station
- Assist in weekly deep cleaning of the BOH
- Be able to taste all food at any required moment before and during service
- Follow all proper food safety practices and kitchen safety practices
- Continue to improve upon existing skill set
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum of one year of kitchen experience preferred but not required
- Basic knife skills
- Sanitation Knowledge
- Food safety knowledge
- Passionate about food and hospitality
While performing the duties of this job, the line cook may be required to talk, hear, stand, and or walk. The employee may have to lift between 25 - 50 lbs. Tasting, seeing, hearing, and smell are also required abilities.
Line cook duties may change on occasion. We reserve the right to change these duties based on the discretion of Link Restaurant Group. This is not an all-inclusive job description. It describes an overall general level of work being performed.
Advanced Knife Handling
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Link Restaurant Group
nspired by the cooking of South America, Spain, and the Gulf Coast, Chefs Donald Link, Stephen Stryjewski and Ryan Prewitt designed Pêche Seafood Grill. Focused on working with local fishermen and farmers who harvest sustainably, Pêche serves simply prepared contemporary dishes, rustic creations cooked on an open hearth, as well as fresh oysters and Gulf fish.
In 2014, Chef Ryan Prewitt was honored with a James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef: South. That same year Pêche won a James Beard award for Best New Restaurant in America. Pêche was also named one of the Top 10 Best Restaurants in New Orleans both in 2015 and 2016 by Brett Anderson, Times Picayune.