The team behind nana is opening a second concept called Ajo located just next door at 752 West 33rd Street, in the Bridgeport neighborhood. The menu is an inspirational twist on the flavors and cultures of the Caribbean islands, namely Puerto Rico, Cuba and Jamaica and service will be carryout and delivery heavy with limited dine in. Opening is slated for late January 2019.
The Assistant Kitchen Manager will manage and execute the day-to-day responsibilities of Ajo, including, but not limited to the following:
- set up and breakdown of the line
- assist with prep as needed during slower periods
- executes orders as they are recieved directly from guests in a timely, accurate and efficient manner and follows house recipes and plating instructions as directed by our Kitchen Manager
- schedules labor and fills in when needed to ensure efficient operations
- follows company policies and procedures for cleanliness and maintains a clean kitchen and workspace
- conducts the inventory, ordering and purchasing of food & supplies
- oversees the training of employees
- assembles larger catering orders in a timely and presentable manner
The ideal candidate is also able to work independently, demonstrate excellent customer service skills, remain calm and organized during busy, peak periods and is able to multi-task effectively and efficiently. Taking your work seriously by demonstrating a strong work ethic, respecting and supporting your fellow co-workers and always working with a fun, positive and professional demeanour is critical.
Please include a resume with your response.