SOUS CHEF/LOS ALTOS GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB
For the last 95 years, Los Altos Golf and Country Club has been dedicated to taking care of our employees and committed to producing world class food. We are currently looking for a Sous Chef to add to our team; helping us continue to provide an exceptional dining experience for our members. This is an exciting position for those with 2+ years of management experience who enjoy teaching others and working with high quality ingredients. We prefer candidates with a degree in culinary arts but it is not a necessity. However, you must have experience working in a kitchen that cooks from scratch. We have a management team that enjoys teaching and mentoring our cooks to gain new skills. Our kitchen produces high volume banquets, fine dining wine dinners, and a varying a la carte menu. Menus feature seasonal ingredients and foods that reflect international and local trends. This full time position offers a competitive compensation package and a work environment that has kept some of our kitchen staff on board for over 20 years! Our philosophy is simple: take care of our employees and they will take care of our members.
Knowledge and Skills
Basic management skills with knowledge of food and labor cost controls. Knowledge of ordering procedure of produce, dairy, meat, fish, and grocery products. Health and sanitation knowledge. Strong communication skills. Must be able to produce sauces, condiments, dressings, based on fundamental recipes. Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Assume all responsibilities of Chef de Cuisine in his/her absence.
- Suggests items for menu development.
- Overseeing all production and staff verifying proper techniques are being practiced.
- Give support, guidance and any appropriate training to members of the kitchen staff.
- To foster a good team spirit at all times.
- Opens and/or closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Seeks contact and visibility with membership.
- Creates preparation task lists.
- Works as expo/middle during a la carte service.
- Places food orders.
Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, STD, LTD, Life, 401k, PTO, Holiday, Job Training, Meals and more!
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Cost Optimization
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Country / Golf Club