EXECUTIVE PASTRY ASSISTANT POSITION AT WHITE DOG BAKERY
Are you hungry to achieve excellence?
Are you seeking the tools to realize the highest version of “you”?
Do you seek a career path which promotes upward mobility?
If so, apply for our Pastry Assistant position today!
We are part of Fearless Restaurant Group; a multi-concept group of 9 independent restaurants based in Philadelphia, PA and Long Beach Island, NJ. As a company, we are defined by our talent, teamwork, resources, opportunity and a workplace built on loyalty and respect. We're a creative, ambitious business with an aggressive growth strategy and require like-minded leaders to join us as we move forward.
We are a group of strong leaders with a profound sense of ownership and pride in all aspects of the restaurant. We are looking for individuals full of intellect, passion, integrity, creativity, and energy driven by an unshakable belief in hospitality as a foundation. We require honest, hardworking professionals that manage and mentor others with respect, empathy and dignity. Candidate should enjoy coaching and managing a team of 50-75 in a high volume setting.
We are currently looking for an Executive Pastry Chef to lead the culinary development, management, organization, and P&L management of our bakery. The bakery is a commissary style facility that provides desserts to 6 of our restaurants in the Philadelphia area. The bakery is based in Wayne, PA.
- 8+ years of restaurant experience in a high volume, excellence driven environment
- Experience managing a team
- Multi-unit concept management
- Strong interpersonal and positive communication skills
- Adept with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent pastry application
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to the hospitality industry
- Must be driven to meet or exceed standards of operational excellence
- Outstanding written and verbal communication acumen
- Ability to work full-time 50-55 hours, ability to make your own schedule!
- Likes to work in a team and professional work environment
- Food Safety Knowledge
- Conflict resolution
- Experience working with POS Systems such as Aloha or Micros
- Staff Education / Motivation
- Recruiting, Scheduling, and Staff Education experience appreciated
- Salary negotiable, based upon experience
- Medical/dental essential plan
- Short-term disability insurance available after 30-days service
- Employee Dining Benefit Program at all 8 Fearless Restaurant locations
- 401 K with Vanguard
- Opportunities for career growth with WHITE DOG CAFÉ and other Fearless Restaurants
Medical/dental benefits, 401 K with Vanguard, 2 weeks paid vacation, Dining Benefits with ALL Fearless Restaurants
Part of Fearless Restaurants
White Dog Cafe, an iconic restaurant in University City for over 30 years, is a leader in using environmentally sustainable, organic and local foods from farms within 50 miles. Known for warm hospitality, inspiring and award winning food, the White Dog's historic three brownstones were recently completely renovated offering charming and whimsical dog décor and artwork in its many unique dining spaces and outdoor patio.
The seasonal menu changes often, with innovative dishes highlighting local ingredients such as the Homemade Rigatoni with Spicy Lamb Bolognese and Basil Ricotta, Lancaster County Chicken and Verlasso Salmon as well as Market Salads and delicious shared Small Plates. Complimented with an all American wine list, local craft beers and seasonal specialty cocktails and refreshing mocktails. White Dog Cafe is open for Lunch, Brunch on Saturday and Sunday and nightly dinner.