Link Restaurant Group was founded in January 2009 by James Beard Award winning executive Chef Donald Link with the goal to support the continuous growth of his family of restaurants in New Orleans. Chef Link, his partners and staff are passionate about southern food. Working with local purveyors and farmers, the Link team is committed to utilizing quality, local ingredients and traditional cooking techniques. We are enthusiastic about wine and focus on simple, attentive service. An honest and solid foundation of all members of the Link Restaurant Group.
We offer competitive wages, career progression and professional development, health insurance and 401k with company match.
Calcasieu is looking for an Event Manager.
Manages private events and event staff. Prepares pre-arrival details for groups: parking, signage directing to correct entrance, handicap access, etc. Works effectively with the kitchen staff and banquet team to ensure that events are successful. Oversees set-up and breakdown of dining room and off-site events. Acts as the contact person and communicates with group contact /host throughout the event
Responds and executes last minute changes or special requests that may occur during the event.
Inspects the private dining rooms to ensure that the set ups are correct and properly detailed. Communicates and ensures an environment of teamwork.
Skills and requirements:
• 2 years in event planning or restaurant events experience
• Supervise maintenance of all private dining inventory, furniture, fixtures and equipment.
• Responsible for coordinating and organizing meetings and special events and of various sizes.
• Plans logistics and negotiates contract(s) for conferences, and/or events, with respect to budgets, speakers, entertainment, transportation, facilities, technology, equipment, logistical requirements, printing, food and beverage, and other related issues.
• Negotiates terms and fees, and executes and administers multiple contracts with facilities, vendors, speakers, entertainers, etc., for service, in accordance with budget constraints and company policies and procedures and compliance to local regulations.
• Other tasks include keeping current on food and theme trends as well as tasting new types of food and wine that the restaurant carries so that they can give recommendations to clients.
• Planners must also be able to adequately accommodate any client special requests, such as specific dietary concerns for some guests.
• The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Link Restaurant Group reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of LRG or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
LRG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Event Management / Organization
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment