The Dishwasher is one of the most important roles at Kumiko. You are responsible for washing dishes and maintaining the cleanliness of the service pieces and kitchen/barware. Your work makes it possible for the rest of the team to fulfill their responsibilities and for service to run smoothly. You are detailed and focused, never choosing to save time over doing things the right way. You are accommodating and never make anyone feel ashamed or anxious, be them a guest or a coworker. You are organized, efficient, and are able to prioritize so that each necessary task is completed in a timely and proper manner.
- Arrives at work each day on time and fully prepared to begin working immediately.
- Sets up the dishroom in a tidy fashion ensuring that health code specifications are met.
- Handles service pieces, tools, and all other property with respect and care.
- Should anything break or seem out of sorts, presents to management before discarding.
- Is knowledgeable of and obeys all State health codes.
- Keeps their station and equipment clean, tidy, and in proper working condition.
- Maintains communication with the service team to ensure that they do not run out of anything and that they have everything they needs to be ready for service on time.
- Keeps uniform clean, professional, and up to Kumiko standards and maintains exemplary personal hygiene.
- Seeks out ways to assist all teammates to help in any way possible (prep, cleaning, service, etc.).
- Takes time to bring clean and dried dishes upstairs. Checking to see if any dishes can be brought downstairs to clean, remembering “full hands up, full hands down.”
*Kumiko reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- The ability to stay calm and work efficiently under pressure.
- The ability to prioritize job duties and manage time effectively.
- The physical ability to perform all assigned duties, demonstrating energy and stamina throughout the entire shift.
- Able to lift at least 40 lbs and walk up and down flights of stairs regularly
Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, Employee Education
Other jobs you might be interested in
Kumiko is a formal bar located in Chicago's River West neighborhood.
At Kumiko, there is a special consideration for every detail of the experience. There is an aura of elegance served alongside immaculate technique and searing creativity.
Kumiko serves little luxuries, encouraging enjoyment over excess. Above all, Kumiko is a safe space, where people will be treated with respect.