Neighborhood Restaurant Group Seeks Private Events Manager
Neighborhood Restaurant Group, one of DC’s most creative and acclaimed restaurant groups needs an experienced events manager to join its private events team. As its name suggests, NRG is a group of unique companies and concepts. We think of it as a collective of talented and committed restaurant professionals who share common goals: to open and operate independent, exceptional, distinctive, and conscientious restaurants and bars with chef-driven menus and ambitious beverage programs; to create unique gathering places that reflect the communities in which they reside; and to surpass the expectations of our guests.
We are looking for a polished, ambitious, and enthusiastic event planner to work closely with private dining clients, restaurant management and culinary teams, in order to ensure the highest level of planning and exceptional execution of every private event that takes place within the group. This position is part of an events team, and the ability to work well with all team members is key to the team’s success as well as that of the restaurants. Our private events range from intimate social dinners and corporate receptions, to large and high-profile weddings and galas. Successful candidates will be able to forge strong relationships with the hosts that make up this diverse clientele.
Our ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, exceptional communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, acute attention to detail, and an inspiring sense of hospitality!
Competitive candidates will have:
- Previous experience in professional event planning
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Work experience in restaurants
- High end food & beverage knowledge and an interest in continued learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office programs, and—ideally—some basic skills in Adobe illustrator
- Experience with event private event management software a plus
- Interpersonal skills
- Some evening and weekend availability
- Liaise with clients, restaurant management and culinary teams to plan details of on-site private events
- Conduct walk-throughs of properties with prospective clients
- Explain food & beverage offerings, develop cost estimates, and assist clients in selecting menu for event
- Finalize BEOs to successfully hand-off contract to restaurant management team for event execution
- Post-event follow-up with clients aimed toward client retention
- Basic data tracking and analysis
- Assist in development of sales goals and monitoring progress toward goals
- Support marketing efforts to drive event sales, including prospecting outreach and coordinating creation of marketing collateral
Salary plus Commission