This position is for professional cooks looking to gain knowledge and experience in a fast-paced, creative atmosphere. We are looking for hard-working individuals who are enthusiastic to learn. A great attitude and hard work ethic goes a long way.
- General Knife skills
- Requires food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of closely related cooking experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment preferred
- Requires experience in a high end culinary position, i.e. Sous Chef or experience as a line cook with the ability to pass training as a sauté cook
- Requires food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Sauté, Broiler, Fry, and Pantry
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with individuals
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
- Frequently works with sharp knives, utensils, and hot plates
- Frequently works in hot environment
Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment (theaters orders are placed at once - individual must enjoy the "rush" of a fast-paced kitchen)
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our Chicagoland community.
Interested candidates can email their resumes to [email protected] with the subject line “Line Cook”.
All candidates for this role will be asked to authorize a background check and must be 21 and older.
Medical and life insurance, 401k, comp tickets to shows, discounted parking and wellness perks!
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bar / Lounge, Night Club / Jazz Club, Entertainment Venue
Since 1959, The Second City has established itself as the premier institution for improvisation. The Chicago theater has three stages: The Second City Main stage, The Second City E.T.C., and UP Comedy Club. The Second City Comedy Theater has had a monumental influence on the American entertainment industry and can claim a vast list of alumni including: Alan Arkin, Dan Aykroyd, Jim Belushi, John Belushi,, John Candy, Steve Carell, Dan Castalleneta, Stephen Colbert, Chris Farley, Tina Fey, Bonnie Hunt, Shelly Long, Bill Murray, Mike Myers, Amy Poehler, Joan Rivers, Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie and Martin Short. This is an abbreviated list! No other institution in the world can claim to have nurtured and influenced so many successful comic performers.