Expectations: As an employee of Formento’s Restaurant you are expected to be:
- Flexible. This is of utmost importance, as the restaurant industry can be very unpredictable. Be willing to do what is asked of you to benefit the Group as a whole, even if it isn’t exactly outlined in this job description or your expected schedule.
- Positive, personable, and open-minded. As we all work closely together, we always want to bring positive energy to the group.
- Hard-working and self-motivated. There may not be supervision or direction available at all times, so we expect you to maintain high standards for yourself without needing to be told.
- Punctual and responsible. We hold each other accountable to follow through on all commitments with a sense of urgency.
- Hospitable: We are known for exceptional customer service in all of our pursuits, and it is your job to uphold these high standards, anticipate the guests needs and to find ways to go above and beyond the client's expectations and create memorable experiences.
Responsibilities: As a Server of Formento’s Restaurant you are expected to:
- Establish yourself as a Role Model and Leader for all staff in the restaurant by being an expert on the food, beverage and service standards of Formento’s, teaching and mentoring support staff and holding yourself accountable to the policies and values of B. Hospitality Co.
- Guide guests through their dining experience by describing the cuisine, seamlessly accommodating special requests, allergies and dietary restrictions and enlightening them on unique ingredients, fine wine, spirits and cocktails.
- Manage the pace and sequence of the dining experience by appropriate coursing, firing and clearing through proper communication and delegation to your support staff of the steps of service.
- Pursue personal growth and current industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures.
- Enhance Formento’s work environment and culture by accepting importance of your role in the restaurant exploring opportunities to add value to your job accomplishments.
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Classic Food / Wine Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Food / Beverage Pairing
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Formento's is a B. Hospitality Co. restaurant located in the Fulton Market District within Chicago’s bustling West Loop.
Formento’s is an Italian restaurant steeped with traditional family recipes that originate in Southern Italy. Created as a nod to the co-owner’s grandmother, “Nonna Formento,” guests will experience an array of Southern-Italian dishes, with fresh and bright flavors, created by Executive Chef/Partner, Todd Stein.
The world-class wine menu, curated by Alex Augustine, offers guests more than 600 varietals from around world. At Formento’s, new world culinary creativity marries with generations past.
For more about the team at B. Hospitality Co., visit us online at bhospitalityco.com. We are the team behind The Bristol, Balena, Formento's, Nonna's, Swift & Sons and Cold Storage.