Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking Server Assistants for a new USHG business opening this Fall!
We are accepting applications for enthusiastic and experienced Server Assistants for full-time employment who would love to part of an opening team. This position actively embodies, inspires, & elevates USHG’s Family Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Integrity. We are seeking individuals who have great communication skills, strong work ethic, passion for hospitality, commitment to excellence, who understand the importance of teamwork. Ability to multi-task and demonstrate athleticism is a must.
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Maintain an understanding of the proper steps of service required of all FOH service positions
- Maintain mental athleticism for coordination and section maintenance in conjunction with Server
- Strong communication and listening skills to effectively deliver accurate messaging to teammates and management
- Have a base knowledge and understanding of classic service, food and beverage
- Menu and beverage knowledge is comprehensive and kept current as menus evolve
- Have a general knowledge and understanding of Department of Health (DOH) food safety standards
- Derives pleasure from providing hospitality
- Display athleticism while running food, describing food to guests, and communicating guests' needs to the Server and/or management
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence.
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality
- Experience with opening a full-service restaurant
- 1-2 years NYC fine dining experience in a Front Server position
- A culinary and/or beverage certificate/degree
Opportunities for career growth within Union Square Hospitality Group
- Benefits package includes medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and matching 401K and more!
- Access to USHG Learning and Development Training and Enrichment opportunities
Medical/dental/vision, paid time off, matching 401K, access to USHG Learning and Development Training and Enrichment opportunities and more!
Other jobs you might be interested in
Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual, Casual Dining
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
Intersect is a unique, three story permanent space located in the Meatpacking District where people can “experience Lexus without getting behind the wheel of a car”. This multifaceted business will be composed of a fine dining restaurant and café managed by Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group and will feature a revolving cast of innovative and emerging global chefs.”