DIRT is coming to Ballston!
DIRT is a "counter casual" restaurant with roots in Miami. We are beyond excited to open our first location outside of South Florida in Ballston in early 2019!
The DIRT menu combines responsibly-sourced ingredients and globally-inspired flavors served quickly and affordably. Our mission is simple and straightforward: to create innovative, delicious, healthy cuisine that guests can feel good about putting into their bodies. We are an all-day, inclusive concept that offers something for everyone — whether paleo, vegan, pescatarian, gluten-free, or just in search of good food — at any time of the day.
The General Manager position in Ballston is ideal for a candidate with an upward trajectory who is interested in developing his or her role in a growing organization over the next several years. The GM will work closely with Senior Management to manage all aspects of the location. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Immediate Goals
- Learn all positions in order to be able to train and manage effectively
- Refine daily standard operating procedures / checklists for FOH and BOH and ensure consistent daily implementation
- Understand and master all aspects of operations, including all operating standards, food and beverage standards, and service standards; quickly recognize when a standard is not being met, and teach managers how to improve
- Train FOH staff to maximize guest throughput and minimize ticket input errors
- General Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operations of the restaurant
- Maximize financial and operational performance
- Monitor front of house presentation and ensure that all service and quality standards are met
- Ensure excellent guest service that meets or exceeds expectations
- Perform opening / midday / closing duties
- Operate in accordance with company policies and applicable laws
- Personnel Responsibilities
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service
- Interview potential employees
- Work with Senior Management to manage all shifts, scheduling, and planning
- Coach and mentor hourly team members; make recommendations about development, promotion, and discipline
- Address employee feedback and resolve problems
- Financial Responsibilities
- Work with Senior Management to develop annual operating budgets and manage all P&L centers, including food and beverage, supply, and labor costs
- Monitor budget and payroll
- Count money and make bank deposits
- Operational Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operations by reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions
- Monitor food preparation, portion sizes, and general presentation of food to ensure that all menu items are delivered to defined standards
- Monitor and validate daily food and beverage production to ensure sufficient preparedness
- Conduct weekly inventories to ensure that food, dry goods, and alcohol inventory are at par levels
- Prepare and receive orders of food and beverages; work with Executive Chef and Director of Operations to increase / decrease orders depending on seasonality and other considerations
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and hop on the line when necessary
- Sales & Marketing Responsibilities
- Identify and develop marketing strategies to maximize restaurant revenues
- Promote suggestive selling techniques
- Promote catering and other off-premise opportunities
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all health / sanitation, safety, and fire regulations
- Enforce proper work behaviors to maintain a safe environment for both guests and crew members
- Manage all necessary repair and maintenance issues
- Competitive salary + bonuses
- Ability to grow with us!
- A fun and challenging workplace!
Competitive salary + incentive compensation
Other jobs you might be interested in
Fast Casual, Cafe
DIRT is where clean eating and great taste coexist. We are a fine food fast dining experience: an eatery and wellness bar combining fresh, great-tasting food with health, convenience, and simplicity. Simply put, we believe in high-quality, nutritious food, served quickly and affordably.