Inspired by our commitment to excellence, servers at our Company* create unforgettable memories for our guests. The successful Server is technically competent in serving food and beverages, is hospitable and cordial to guests and coworkers, acts safely and responsibly, and is knowledgeable about the vessel and the skyline.
- Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers as prescribed in Our Service System (OSS)
- Greet guests and serve food and beverages in a timely fashion
- Accurately take orders and enter them into the point of sale system
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of all common areas and service stations
- Participate in the celebration and entertainment experience of the guest
- Set up and break down dining room and service stations as prescribed; this requires movement of dining cabin furniture
- Accurately collect payment from guests for on-board purchases
- Provide information to guests including menu descriptions, order of service, entertainment options, cruise route and points of interest
- Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards
- Assist with the warm and efficient greeting and seating of guests when they arrive
- Other duties as assigned by the manager or supervisor on duty
The successful Server will facilitate an unforgettable experience for their guests, be favorably viewed by supervisors and peers, and be swift and efficient in the execution of their assigned duties. Performance will be measured by guest and mystery shopper satisfaction surveys, departmental tests, management evaluation, and comparative beverage sales.
Job Specifications / qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year experience in high volume restaurant preferred
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential
- Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests and coworkers
- Must possess a service orientation – actively looking for ways to help others
- Basic computer skills are required
- Will work for extended periods without sitting
- Required to lift furniture and other heavy items such as dishes up and down stairs
- Will be required to be available for work on all major holidays
- Must meet at least 21 years old
- Per US Coast Guard regulations, must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cruise Line, Entertainment Venue, Event, Event Catering, Special Events Company
Part of Entertainment Cruises
Entertainment Cruises is the nation’s largest dining and sightseeing cruise company with a fleet of 36 ships in cities that include: Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, National Harbor, MD, Norfolk, VA, Philadelphia, New York, Washington, D.C. and Weehawken, NJ.
From the fresh and fun Spirit to the modern and sleek Odyssey and Bateaux, to our Elite Private Yachts and exciting Seadog speedboat rides, Entertainment Cruises offers a wide range of guest experiences. Once onboard, each guest will see the city from a whole new perspective—from the water.
Entertainment Cruises operates more than ten thousand cruises and serves more than 1.9 million guests each year. We are inspired by our commitment to excellence and dedicated to creating unforgettable memories. That’s why every shipmate is focused on delivering exceptional experiences to our guests through Our Service System.
Our maiden voyage was aboard the Spirit of Norfolk in 1978, and cruised along the historic Elizabeth River.
Kenneth Svendsen was named CEO of Entertainment Cruises in January, 2016. Kenneth brings a rich career in hospitality and a relentless focus on the guest experience, further enriching Our Service System to deliver on our commitment to creating unforgettable memories for our guests. For more on our history, please check out our timeline.
Entertainment Cruises is a member of Pritzker Group which owns and operates market leading companies in the manufactured products, services and healthcare sectors. The firm’s history as an entrepreneurial family-owned enterprise and its permanent, proprietary capital base allow Entertainment Cruises the flexibility to invest in serving its customers' needs over the long term. For more information, visit www.pritzkergroup.com.