By applying to this externship position you are interested in developing your career in fine dining Italian cuisine at Del Posto. This position offers you the opportunity to train through the various stages of the kitchen, primarily within our Assaggi Line, which are the first memorable bites a guest experiences as they begin their meal. The speed at which you are moved through the positions is based entirely on your performance, dedication, and your pursuit of knowledge.
This is a unique opportunity to join an advanced culinary team and learn from a group of experienced, successful, and passionate professionals!
Del Posto is owned by Joe and Lidia Bastianich, and our Executive Chef is Melissa Rodriguez.
Del Posto is the only Italian restaurant in the city to achieve a 4 Star rating from the NY Times in the past 40 years. We are also proud members of Relais & Chateaux, have the 5 star award from Forbes, and 5 diamonds from AAA.
This position is excellent for a culinary student looking to take a forward step in their fine dining culinary career. Experience working in fine dining is welcomed but not required---but motivation and a friendly, healthy, positive attitude certainly is!
- Food Safety Knowledge/Certification
- Understanding of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- General knife handling
- General food preparation knowledge, product breakdown and cookery
- Ability to multi-task and anticipate future needs of yourself and your colleagues
- A desire to learn, grow, and pitch in; a "no job is too small" attitude
- Cleanliness, efficiency, and attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day; Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day; May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time
- Proper grooming and professional appearance and communications skill
- This is a full time position, lunch and dinner shifts are required
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, vision, dental and 401k after 90 days of employment
- Compensation: $13.00/hr.
Food Handlers Certificate
Food Safety Knowledge
General knife handling
Part of B&B Hospitality Group
Del Posto is the ultimate expression of what an Italian restaurant should be. Joe Bastianich and Lidia Bastianich represent a convergence of different styles and experiences.
Follow the career path of General Manager, Jeff Katz: http://culinaryagents.com/career/timeline/jeff-katz