Osteria Mozza is owned by Chef, Author and James Beard Award Winners Nancy Silverton and Joe Bastianich.
Osteria Mozza is looking for ENTRY LEVEL LINE COOK to join our team.
This position is excellent for a culinary school graduate, but also for someone who wants to take a forward step in their hospitality career.
Requirements (but not limited to):
- 6 months – 1 year of experience, preferably in LA restaurants upscale casual;
- Culinary Certificate/ Degree is preferred, but not required;
- Flexible schedule: evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Ability to work and multitask in a high-volume environment;
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure;
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment;
- Understanding of health and safety rules in a kitchen;
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day; Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day; Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. independently; May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time;
- Must be able to see, hear, and communicate with others;
- Proper grooming and professional appearance and communications skill;
- Willingness to learn and grow.
This is a unique opportunity to join an advanced culinary team and learn from a group of experienced, successful, and passionate professionals.
Compensation is hourly based on experience.
We offer comprehensive benefits to all our full-time employees: medical, dental and vision are offered 60 days of employment; 401k after 1 year of work.
To know more about Osteria Mozza, please visit our websites at:
Osteria Mozza is an equal opportunity employer.
comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, vision and 401K
Dough Making / Portioning
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of B&B Hospitality Group
Guests can gather to enjoy items from the Mozzarella Bar and the remainder of the menu features salumi, pasta, seafood and meat dishes as conceived by Nancy Silverton, with partner Joe Bastianich.