The individual in this position is responsible for coordinating and supervising all aspects of a special event, from conception to execution, while creating a custom, memorable, and seamless client experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Act as the primary point of contact for client from initial inquiry through execution of the event, answering emails and phone calls promptly and providing exceptional client service.
- Facilitate client consultation, brainstorm ideas with the client by staying on top of the latest event trends, and develop event concepts that meet the client’s event goals.
- Create plans, timelines, and proposals for executing event ideas and concepts while remaining within budgetary requirements.
- Review and edit project and event proposals from other team members.
- Develop and oversee the event budget, making adjustments as needed in order to meet the client’s event goals while remaining within budget.
- Coordinate menu tastings with the catering team for the client.
- Perform venue walkthrough prior to the event to ensure proper setup and execution of the event plan.
- Pack, transport, and deliver event equipment and accessories to the event.
- Coordinate and supervise all event team members to execute the plan smoothly.
- Foster open lines of communication with all team members to create a seamless experience for the client.
- Partner with the designated Chef to ensure front of house and back of house operations are flowing smoothly
- Promote Feast & Imbibe in the Chicagoland area by attending monthly networking events; identify and solicit new client leads.
- Attention to Detail - The ability to be thorough and accurate when reading, interpreting and performing tasks.
- Client Relations - To nurture, protect and enhance the relationship between the company and its clients or customers.
- Sales Minded - Able to talk through event options, understand and read proposals and contracts, and convey suggestions to elevate the overall experience for the client and potential clients.
- Communication - Effectively listens and shares knowledge and information with others. Adapts communication style to audience and fosters effective communication with others.
- Creativity and Innovation - Questions conventional approaches; shares insights and ideas on how to do things differently; designs and implements new methods of conducting business.
- Decision Making - Ability to make thoughtful, well-informed and timely decisions, even with limited information. Considers the overall impact of their decisions on the company and clients.
- Organization and Time Management - Ability to use time, resources and skills effectively in order to achieve a goal.
- Sense of Urgency - Performing tasks with speed and a feeling of importance.
- Teamwork - Works well with others; plays an important role on the team without needing to take the lead; values ideas and input of others.
- Personalized Service means putting our clients’ interests first and working to make their event distinct to their vision.
- Reliable Solutions means building trust amongst our audience by consistently delivering a seamless experience and cuisine that is both beautiful and delicious.
- Creative Expression means that we are always working to come up with original, conversation-starting ideas for our clients.
- Fresh Approach means working to bring a youthful, innovative spin to a traditional industry.
- Simply Delicious Food means never sacrificing flavor and always striving to create food that satisfies and delights.
This position has supervisory responsibilities over event team members.
Job duties for this position will be performed in both an office and at various event venue environments, including personal homes. Events may occasionally take place in homes with pets or at outdoor venues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit for long periods of time while working on the computer and using the telephone. Hearing, seeing, and speaking are all required in this position. The team member will also be required to stand and walk for extended periods of time (up to 12 hours) during events. Climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, grasping, pulling, and regularly lifting up to 25 pounds are required.
Expected Work Hours
This is a full-time position, working 40-50 hours per week on average. Approximately 10-15 hours per week will be spent at events. Must have weekend availability and be reliable. All time-off requests should be submitted two (2) weeks prior to the date(s) needed off. Schedules will be created and provided in advance to all team members.
This is a six (6) month assistant event producer trainee position with the potential to become a full-time event producer position with Feast & Imbibe, upon successful completion of the program.
Local travel in the Chicagoland area required in order to attend Feast & Imbibe Catering Group events and networking events.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum formal education of high school diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of restaurant experience
- One (1) year of leadership experience
- Experience expediting in the restaurant industry
- Intermediate level skills using Apple Computers (especially Pages and Numbers Apps)
- Reliable transportation in the Chicagoland area
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree in one of the following industries: Marketing, Public Relations, Hospitality Management OR a certificate in event planning or a related field
- Event coordination and execution experience
- Project management experience
- Experience using Salesforce software
- Experience using Total Party Planner
- Valid Driver’s License
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Feast & Imbibe Catering Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Feast & Imbibe Catering Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.