Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
Superba Venice is Hiring a Sous Chef!
Superba Food + Bread, the all-day restaurant, coffee bar, and urban farm located in Venice, off Lincoln, seeks a Sous Chef. We are a restaurant committed to chef and product driven food, warm hospitality, a craft bar and unique and cutting-edge design. Our menu is driven by the seasons, vegetable forward, and emphasizes our baking know how. We are community oriented and care deeply about art and style. We are passionate about restaurants! We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate Sous Chef who cares deeply for food and has the technique to make product sing. Our Sous Chef will be a strong team leader who effectively coaches, trains, and inspires each team member.
Responsibilities "You will"
• Oversee day-to-day culinary operations and activities including food preparation, production, development and execution
• Ensure food is consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes and standards
• Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs
• Manage labor anticipating business activity, ensuring staffing and meeting cost goals
• Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization along with the safety of all work areas
• Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to restaurant standards
• Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction
Qualifications "You have"
• 2-4 years of experience as a Sous Chef in notable or similar restaurants
• Passion for food; should be bright, seasonal, and ingredient driven
• Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
• Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion
• Ability to write and manage labor schedules to budget specifications
• Active ServSafe Management Food Safety Certificate
• A flexible schedule. Mornings, nights, weekends and holidays are required
What we Offer
• Competitive salary medical, dental, and vision and life insurance
• 2 weeks paid vacation in first year
• Life and Balance
• Company Dining Program
Interested candidates please apply by sending us your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
2,500/ year Appreciation Bonus
Advanced Knife Handling
Food Cost Optimization
Food Handlers Certificate
Food Safety Knowledge
Up to 50 covers a night
Part of American Gonzo Food Corp