Seamore's is seeking a service-minded bar manager who will also act as a supervisor at our Up Top location at Urbanspace Vanderbilt. This role is a hybrid head bartender/supervisor position. They will be the point person between the Urbanspace management and the GM. Along with your bartending responsibilities 4 nights a week, you will be in charge of taking inventory, liaising with Urban Space regarding any new initiative and being the face of the bar when the GM is not on site. The job is 5 shifts a week, with 4 shifts bartending and 1 shift supervising. We are searching for someone who is organized and can come up with and carry out standard operating procedures. Additionally, we would like someone who is a problem solver and who is not afraid to get their hands dirty
We are a young and vibrant company, with ownership that has a serious track record of successful growth in the NYC marketplace.
This role is perfect for someone with either bar management experience in chef-driven, accessible fine dining restaurants, who wants to "lose the suit" and work somewhere that's actually fun.
The ideal candidate will bring a tangible joy to work every day.
Having an eagle eye for the happenings in the bar and the dining room is essential. Although we are a laid-back brand that embraces a rock & roll and hip-hop vibe in our restaurants, the core of our operation is built on strong fundamentals and an unwavering commitment to giving our guests an outstanding experience. Our leadership team is made up of people who live for the joy of providing genuine and thoughtful hospitality in everything they do. Are you one of us?
Requirements and responsibilities:
• Reports to upper level management. Aids in managing staff.
• Communicates, coordinates, and cooperates with all crew members.
• Interacts with the restaurant guests, suppliers, and members of the community with an upbeat personality.
• Helps control bar financial objectives
• Monitors the inventory of bar related goods and merchandise
• Effectively communicate and work closely with the GM and all crew members.
• Builds relationships with the restaurant guests and handles guest complaints efficiently
• Assists in helping that the restaurant is Department of Health compliant at all times
• At least 3 years of restaurant service experience as a bartender, captain or sommelier.
• At least 2 years of bar management experience in NYC
• Experience using Excel, Word, Avero, Opentable, & various POS systems
• NYC Food Handlers Certification is required
• TIPS Certification is a plus
A competitive hourly rate plus tips will be offered!
Original location in Nolita.
2nd location in Chelsea
3rd location in Dumbo
4th location opening at Brookfield Place in downtown Manhattan this summer!
Food Hall locations in Gotham West and Urbanspace Vanderbilt