Who We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA and Europe. In addition, the Group is developing with new openings planned globally.
Our venues are individual and diverse, but they are all united by the same Soho House ethos. The Houses are regarded as a home away from home for our members, creating a warm, personalised atmosphere. The hotels within Soho House are of unparalleled design, with outstanding service being the central priority. Our restaurants are consistently busy, offering friendly but professional service.
We are looking for very strong line cooks to join our team!
You need to have advanced skills and experience in busy high volume kitchens in order to apply here.
- One of the most competitive salaries in the industry.
- Shift guidelines in place to actively encourage a work-life balance.
- Fantastic career growth opportunities.
- Our food network, Cookhouse; which offers a monthly calendar of interactive trainings for Chef de partie, guest chef demos, sourcing and tasting trips and the Cookhouse magazine.
This position will be responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Upholds Mystery Shopper guidelines and all Service Standards.
- Informs and gets verbal consent of Manager for all breaks including meal breaks, rest breaks, bathroom breaks, etc.
- Greets all guests with a smile, eye-contact, enthusiasm and friendliness.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times and adheres to Company’s grooming standards.
- Reports to work as scheduled, in uniform, well groomed, and ready to be in position.
- Maintains professional relationships with all coworkers and guests.
- Maintain a positive attitude to guest requirements – Attentiveness to service, responding positively to guest’s needs, never making the guest do work.
- Follows checklists and standard operating procedures.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
- Sets up station according to Kitchen guidelines.
- Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Kitchen.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Commitment to quality service and food knowledge.
- Understanding, knowledge, and ability to comply with safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Participates in Cookhouse events and trainings.
- Ability to work 1 to 2 stations in the kitchen.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years’ experience in a fast pace, upscale environment.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Flexible schedule.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Desire to learn and passion for food.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Over 300 covers a night
Other jobs you might be interested in
Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual, Casual Dining, Bakery / Patisserie, Bar / Lounge
Part of SoHo House North America
Opening 2018, DUMBO House will be the first Soho House location in Brooklyn, NY. Located on the waterfront in DUMBO, this new location will feature views of the East River and Statue of Liberty, floor to ceiling windows, an outdoor patio, an open kitchen and full bar, and expansive F&B space.