One of NY's most prominent pastry chefs is looking for a General Manager for his Soho flagship bakery (Dominique Ansel Bakery).
You will be working with a top-tier team, but in a fun and creative environment! This position is perfect for someone who is pursuing a long-term career in the F&B industry. However, please note that we work in a demanding environment and have a serious first-class approach to customer service. Be ready to manage a staff of 75+ front of house and Back of house team members in all aspects of customer service and operations. You will be training staff members, launching new products, ensuring cleanliness and regular maintenance of the shop and much more.
Plan to create manager schedules, as well as manage inventory for packaging and store equipment and materials. This position will require you to launch new holiday items, P&L's, and set SOPs
You will be organizing with finalizing large events. Creating production pars based on estimates, on a weekly basis. Continually quality control products and communicate to kitchen and back of house. Assist with promotional event planning, respond to customer emails (daily), and handle guest complaints. You will be asked to test employees to maintain a continual retraining process.
• A sincere passion for pastries and culinary arts
• 5+ Years Food/Hospitality Industry
• 3+ Years Managerial Experience of a large team
• multi-unit experience preferred
• Familiarity with POS systems
• Experience with ordering and inventory management
• Understanding of sales goals, production pars, and quality control
• Extensive experience with training and continual training to better staff
• Meticulous financial handling
• Courteous with staff and co-workers
• Exceptionally high level of organization and time management and attention to detail
• Proven ability to increase sales and manage cost margins
• Thrives in working in high-energy, high-volume, high-speed environment
• Excellence in customer service (in person and by email)
• Detailed knowledge of Department of Health regulation and attention
Bonus, Health and dental benefits, paid vacation
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bakery / Patisserie
Part of Dominique Ansel
2017 Worlds best pastry chef Dominique Ansel open his first bakery in New York’s Soho district, Dominique Ansel Bakery is within walking distance from top fashion stores as well as Vesuvio Playground for families. Within four months of opening, the bakery was voted Time Out New York’s “Best Bakery 2012” and Metromix New York’s “Best New Bakery 2012”. In 2013, we received the top ranking for a bakery by Zagat.
Our 2,500 square-foot shop has both table and counter seating for 50. Please remember to visit our garden in the back, which is opened all year round thanks to our glass-enclosed greenhouse.
Our greenhouse and garden are available for private bookings.