Pastry Sous Chef
2017 World’s Best Pastry Chef is looking for talent for his Soho bakery (Dominique Ansel Bakery) and West Village bakery (Dominique Ansel Kitchen)!
Full-time positions are available immediately for: Pastry Sous Chef
You will be working with a top-tier team in a professional and creative environment. This position is perfect for someone who wants to get his/her foot through the door and pursue a long-term career in the F&B industry and pastry. We believe in promoting education among our team and building strong and solid techniques and foundation. You will learn a great deal while here and work directly with Chef Dominique.
- Daily production for all dessert items, including but not limited to viennoiserie, pastries, and ice creams
- Management of a team of 15 to 20 people
- Management of all ordering and acceptance of daily deliveries and ability to keep things within set cost margins with suppliers
- Handles daily scheduling and hours and management of payroll
- Management of interviewing, hiring, training and reviewing of BOH staff
- Work with FOH to establish and meet pars
- Developing and creating dessert menu and recipes with Executive Pastry chef and team, including working on packaging
- Management of organization of kitchen, including organization and cleanliness of dried storage, walk-ins, and dairy fridge
- Daily quality checks of products
- Attend certain outside events and programs with possible travel
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a restaurant with a focus on pastry, with at least 2 years of having managerial responsibilities
- A genuine passion and knowledge for food and pastries
- Culinary school attendance
- Prior experience with laminated dough, cakes, ice cream, chocolate, and sugar work
- Experience with service and expediting
- Knowledge of how to work with a dough sheeter and depositor a plus
- Dependable and hard-working
- Sociable and friendly to staff and guests. We believe personality is your biggest asset.
- Must be meticulously clean and aware of all food safety standards (NYC Food Handler's License a plus).
- Must be available to work on different shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Bonus, Health and dental benefits, paid vacation
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bakery / Patisserie
Part of Dominique Ansel
2017 Worlds best pastry chef Dominique Ansel open his first bakery in New York’s Soho district, Dominique Ansel Bakery is within walking distance from top fashion stores as well as Vesuvio Playground for families. Within four months of opening, the bakery was voted Time Out New York’s “Best Bakery 2012” and Metromix New York’s “Best New Bakery 2012”. In 2013, we received the top ranking for a bakery by Zagat.
Our 2,500 square-foot shop has both table and counter seating for 50. Please remember to visit our garden in the back, which is opened all year round thanks to our glass-enclosed greenhouse.
Our greenhouse and garden are available for private bookings.